Teacher Tribe initiative of G D Goenka La Petite
Teaching is the greatest profession of all, for it is the teachers who teach, train, and prepare all other professions for the future. At G D Goenka La Petite, the story of student success begins at a very young age. The G D Goenka La Petite education system creates opportunities and sets the stage for children’s future success. It focuses on creating the foundation for students to embark on a lifetime journey of discovery and learning. Taking its success story to the next level, the institution has introduced its Teacher Tribe initiative to enhance the quality of teaching.
The Teacher Tribe initiative of G D Goenka La Petite is focused on creating a platform for teachers to come together, share their stories and ideas, connect with each other, learn from each other, and share their resources. The eventual goal is to create better teachers who are professional in their approach.
Teacher Tribe was created to support teachers and students holistically, to make them better human beings in the world. It will help them develop tools to manage the stressors of their current environment so they feel loved, supported and appreciated.
All teachers from G D Goenka La Petite take part in the workshops conducted under this initiative. Some of the topics of discussion during the deliberation include:
• Learning about the life of Dr. Maria Montessori, the founder of the Montessori system of early education and how she contributed to society
• Learning about the importance of the first 6 years in the life of every child
• The Montessori philosophy and the role of teachers in the life of children
• Getting the opportunity to address any doubt or query teachers may have in their mind and getting answers or solutions for them
• Teachers get the opportunity to get clarification and solutions for the issues they face while teaching young students
• Workshops on topics like Creative Drama in Education are conducted to promote the application of drama and theater in teaching
These events provide a platform for teachers to share stories and examples from their classroom experiences, thus increasing the knowledge and experience of others.
The Teacher Tribe initiative has become a successful program that gets participation from all the G D Goenka La Petite teachers.
The Successful G D Goenka La Petite Story
G D Goenka La Petite has programs starting for children from 12 months, going up to kindergarten students. The goal of the institution is to build a solid foundation of learning to help every child succeed in their future education. The programs cover both individualized learning experiences and research-based curriculum.
Young children are prepared for achievement in their elementary school and beyond. The programs focus on providing innovative early education experience to guarantee that the child is ready for future success.
The focus of the Teacher Tribe initiative is to have the teachers know about their students to create a personalized learning experience. This leads to developing academic skills in addition to life skills.